THE CORONAVIRUS: WHY SUMMER TUTORING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER!
Earlier this year, no one could have predicted the toll the coronavirus would have on the entire world, especially with regards to student education. Now that school is coming to an end and after a whole quarter of online schooling for your children, it is more important than ever to keep your children learning throughout the summer to limit what is normally lost academically throughout the summer.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 3rd to 8th graders students will lose 15-30% of the gains made in math and 5-15% in reading during a normal summer break?
- Students may lose up to 50% of learning gains in math and 30% in reading due to extended school closures from the coronavirus, putting most students a FULL YEAR behind in their academics?
(This information was taken from a recent Wall Street Journal article on learning retention.)
HOW CAN A+ SKILLS BE OF ASSISTANCE?
- We know that school closures and online schooling has put a terrible stress on you as parents, trying to balance work and supervising your child’s learning. All of our staff is here to keep your child learning and ensure they are properly prepared to enter the next grade level.
- Since school closures, A+ Skills has been tutoring strictly online for students grades 6-12 and college. We have had 100% positive feedback from both parents and students who have enjoyed their interactive sessions. We do realize that many students will benefit more with in-person one-to-one instruction, especially in elementary school. We are now making this available.
- We are OPEN for ALL SUBJECTS, including K-12, undergraduate, SAT/ACT, college admissions prep, and more! Just call and let us know what subject(s) you need! Please click on the “Our Services” tab on our main menu page to read the details on all of our programs!
- As we have always done in the past, we will continue our regular office cleaning procedures and more frequently deep-clean our office in accordance to CDC guidelines and Governor DeSantis’ phased reopening plan. At the end of every session, each work space will be sanitized, including pens/pencils, markers, desks, chairs, whiteboards, door handles, and light switches to list a few of the many things we come in contact with on a regular basis (with a mandatory 15-minute interval between scheduled sessions).
A+ SKILLS NEW REFERRAL PROGRAM:
- A+ Skills has established a referral program for past, current, and future clients in need of tutoring services. If you refer a new client to A+ Skills and: (1) they sign up for a 6 or 10 hour package, you will receive 1 free hour of tutoring, or (2) they sign up for a 20 hour package, you will receive 2 free hours of tutoring!
- If you or a family member are not in need of any tutoring, you may opt for a $25.00 thank you, and a check will be mailed to you for that amount.
- We truly appreciate referrals we have received in the past, and during these trying times, this is another way we can say thank you and give back to our tutorial community.
NEW! ONLINE TUTORING SESSIONS
Are you worried that online tutoring will not be as effective as in-person tutoring?
Well, A+ Skills Tutoring has already seen tremendous success with our online tutoring sessions since launching them on Monday, March 23, 2020! So far, over 50% of students who normally met with their tutors in-person before the coronavirus have actively resumed their regularly scheduled sessions in just the first week alone. A+ Skills has received nothing but positive feedback about our online tutoring sessions and capabilities, with particular mention that it feels as though our tutors are working right beside each of their students!
Experience Online Sessions Like They Are In-Person
A+ Skills has highly trained staff in our online program, GoToMeeting. GoToMeeting’s software has countless tools our tutors and students take advantage of in their one-on-one sessions, including but not limited to:
- Video conferencing
- Screen control (for both student and tutor)
- Writing and highlighting
- Online whiteboards
Please find information on set-up and Q&As here!